Monday, May 25, 2009

So much has happened since I last blogged.  I'm sorry its been so long since my last blog, but i've been really focused on my training and getting ready to make the World Team.  One thing I can say is that i've done everything possible to maximize my potential at the Trials.  Training has been going great, probably some of the best training of my life and career so far.  Since U.S. Nationals I've been training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.   We had a national team training camp for 2 weeks to prepare us for trials.  Myself and the other top 3 guys at my weight 84kg were all in attendance, and I feel really good about how I performed against them.  We scrapped toe to toe for two whole weeks and pushed our bodies to the limit.  I took a little time off after nationals, but ever since then I've been training day in and day out most of the time twice a day, lifting, running, wrestling, drilling, watching video.  I've also been making full use of the recovery center here at the OTC, using the hot tub, cold tub,  and getting messages.  I chose the OTC as the place I knew I needed to be to get ready for the Trials because of all the perks like.... the coaching, the training partners, the food, the recovery center, the athletic trainers, the weight room and staff, the altitude training....and the main thing is that the FOCUS is on ME!!! That is exactly what I needed to prepare me for trials b/c I know in my heart and mind that I can win....and this could change my life forever.  

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

Confucius.

No comments:

Post a Comment