Monday, May 25, 2009

So in between my training here at the OTC....I took a trip to California to train for 6 days!!  I needed to get a mental break and little physical break from the training center.   Its good for me to switch my training up and do new and exciting things...to keep me fresh and hungry to train.  I love to try new things in my training.  Like running the incline (COG) at the OTC, flipping big 500lb. tires, swimming, treadmill sprint workouts,  yoga....etc.  
Cali gave me a chance to try some other types of training out.  I got invited out to train with Jason "Mayhem" Miller.  It was a great experience for me.  I got to travel all over the L.A. area going to different gyms and doing alot of different types of training.  We worked out twice a day while I was there.  I learned alot about the MMA world and how they train.  It was probably the most fun I had training in awhile.  Everything was new and exciting, I got to hit some bags, learn some submission holds, boxed, and spared.  One evening I did an intense run on the Hollywood Hills.  It was hard but it was all worth it when I got to the top and there was a beautiful view of Hollywood and L.A.  All in all it was a great experience and it was great for my training and it was exactly what I needed.  
As of right now I'm back at the OTC.  We had one last hard push last week.  This week were just taking it pretty easy, polishing up some techniques and watching video.  This week I'm just really focusing on feeling my best.....as its going already, my body is feeling better and better everyday as we ease off the training. 
 Check me out training in Cali with Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Renato "Babalu" Sorbral at allelbows.com  Part two

No comments:

Post a Comment