Monday, April 20, 2009

Hey everyone, I've been meaning to post a blog since U.S. Nationals. Its taken me a week but I now finally have some down time to tell of my experience there. So, I last wrote when I was at the Olympic Center, which I believe was the best 10 days of training I've had in a long time, and it was exactly what i needed to prepare for U.S. Nationals. Not just the hard intense workouts but the 1 0n 1 coaching i got from Bill Zadick, Zeke Jones, and Brandon Slay. And I believe all my hard work and dedication that I've had throughout this season(traveling overseas, U.S. tournaments, many trips to the OTC, watching video) have all been beneficial to a good showing in Vegas. I'll post a link to the standings, for those of you that havent been able to follow up on me, I placed 4th at U.S. Nationals(even after they didnt want to seed me in the top 8). B/c i wasnt seeded in the top 8, i was forced to make weight and wrestle the first day of competion before I could wrestle on Saturday at the qualifying tournament. It was a long road but, after all is said and done, i'm glad I was faced with the challenge. I ended the tournament with 9 matches. I was challenged emotionally, mentally, and physically. After not being seeded, I was stunned and I knew it was going to be a long road ahead of me. And even after losing the first day I was discouraged. But I after I made it through to Saturday, I had a gut-check moment and thought....I could sit here and complain about having to wrestle the first day or I can go out there tomorrow and prove to them that I am the best and I can win this. Things didnt go exactly as planned, but I was pleased with 4th, especially after people doubted me and believed that I wasnt even top 8 in the U.S!!! Placing top 7 in Vegas, qualified me for the World Team Trials in Councel Bluff, IA May 30-31st. I was recently invited to the Olympic Training Center for national team training camp April 26th-May7th, so thats whats next for me right now. I will definetly have some down time there, so I will blog again soon. Dont forget to Join My Page!
"Goals: There is no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There is no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There is no telling what will happen when you act upon them." 

-- Jim Rohn

1 comment: