Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm pretty excited about my new web page. I find myself checking it and wanting to add to it every  chance I get.  So since I'm here I guess i'll write alittle something.  So today I woke up at the OTC and did an individual drill session with ZEKE JONES Head Coach of USA Wrestling.  We got a quick warm up and worked a little on my par-terre, defense to gut, and transitions into my turns(Guts and Leg Laces).  I used that as my warm up heading into our morning lift session.  We did a really hard intense circuit type lift, since were getting pretty close nationals, there's no need to lift real heavy.  This was one of my favorite lifts I ever did.  Dont get me wrong it was hard as heck, but fun!!! We had 12 stations, 20 sec. on and 20 sec. off  for 6 min. and we did 3-6min. goes. Some of the lifts we did were....front raises with long heavy ropes as hard and as fast as possible,  Tire lifts and throw downs(with huge monster truck style tires), boat rows with a normal 45lb barbell, medicine ball lifts with 110-160lbs balls( similar to the Atlas Stones on World Stongest Man), we had a sledge hammer that we swung as hard as we could at a huge monster truck tire...etc.  It was crazy intense and hard, but I really enjoy switching things up like that, from the traditional weight room lifts.  Also I feel that these types of lifts are ideal for wrestlers, in general. We finished our morning up with a 2-10min. goes in the sauna with cold pludge in btw. We have the afternoon off, giving our bodies some rest going into our last two hard days before I begin to taper for U.S. Nationals.  So for the rest of the day I think a few of the guys and I out here are gonna go HIKING.  I mean we are in Colorado Springs and its beautiful out here!!! 
Happiness, I have discovered, is nearly always a rebound from hard work. -- David Grayson

1 comment:

  1. GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT I LOVE YOU AND I BELIEVE IN YOU LOVE ALWAYS MOM

    ReplyDelete