Thursday, January 21, 2010

So sorry for taking so long again to blog. I've been insanely busy with training and hustling to try and find funding for my upcoming tours to Turkey, Iran, and Belarus. So since the last time I blogged so much has been going on. I traveled to my alma mater Iowa State University to train for 10 days with Jake Varner and the Paulson twins. Besides the great training partners coach Kevin Jackson and Bobby Douglas was able to work with me and put us through some great workouts. Also that weekend was the ISU vs. Iowa dual meet. The greatest show on earth!! I'm not going to elaborate, b/c you can check out my link at the top right of the page to see my interview with Flowrestling.com and hear me talk all about it. From Ames, IA I traveled to Stillwater, OK home of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. We had a week long National team training camp there. With many of the top guys in the country making the trip for some intense training. I think we were able to get more than a DOZEN workouts in a matter of 5 or 6 days. Needless to say I was pretty sore and tired after that week. It was just what I needed though right before I head home for the holidays to rest and recover and enjoy time with friends and family. I like to end every blog with a motivational quote or something I've came across that has impacted me and/or inspired me.
I read this in a book I just finished and thought I would share:
G.K. Chesterton "On Courage"

The most dangerous man on earth is the man who has reckoned with is own death. All men die; few men ever really live. Sure, you can create a safe life for yourself....and end your days in a rest home babbling on about some forgotten misfortune. I'd rather go down swinging. Besides, the less we are trying to "save ourselves" the more effective a worrior we will be.
Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live take the form of readiness to die. You must seek your life in a spirit of furious indifference to it; you must desire LIFE like water and yet drink DEATH like wine.

P.S. I encourage everyone to please comment! Say anything you want! I love hearing everyones thoughts!! THANK YOU.....COME AGAIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really proud of you! Keep on going!! I am sorry we didn't get to see each other over Christmas. Phone date soon? Love you DEEEJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is an old rule! If you want to be really successful in affiliate marketing, you ought to drive traffic to your website. The more visitors to the website, the higher the probability of click through. Many affiliate guides forget to mention that it is always prudent to build traffic first and then consider affiliate marketing. There is no magic potion. If there is no traffic, there are no profits. Don’t worry, if you haven’t got hordes of visitors, even a few visitors will do initially. Once these visitors start trickling down the web drain, you can place banners and advertising in appropriate places to get the results. A good affiliate marketer doesn’t care about the number of clicks but on the average number of clicks per visitor.
    Such techniques, slowly but surely brings success. And with it comes a potential for much higher rewards

    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete